CHURCH OF EMMANUAL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125923

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF EMMANUAL, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF EMMANUAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125923 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 23:49:38.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF EMMANUAL, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Parson Drove

National Grid Reference: TF 37302 08582

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 30 NE PARSON DROVE MAIN ROAD 9/66 (North Side)

Church of Emmanuel

II

Parish church, built in 1872 in early English style. Red brick with banding of black brick and some stone details. Steeply pitched roof of slate. West wall has one circular window above two lancets. Gabled south porch. Open sided, of timber on brick plinth. The south wall has lacents with circular windows in the heads. Apsed chancel with a hipped, slate roof and lancets. Interior. North arcade of three bays. Two centred arches of single roll moulding on short, round columns of marble with square capitals, chamfered at corners. Round openings to spandrels filled with nail head ornament. Collar rafter roof. Chancel arch two-centred and of two moulded orders, the inner on short attached columns, carried on corbels. Original communion rail, choir stalls, pews and glazing. VCH (Cambs) Vol.IV, p.200. Pevsner (Buildings of England), p.450.

Listing NGR: TF3730208582

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48141

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 450
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 200

End of official listing