This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PAGET HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PAGET HALL

List entry Number: 1125928

Location

PAGET HALL, HOCKLAND ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Tydd St. Giles

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 48150

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 41 NW TYDD ST GILES HOCKLAND ROAD 3/74 (North Side)

Paget Hall

II

House, formerly the rectory, 1868, designed by Sir G.G. Scott for his brother Canon John Scott, Rector of Tydd St Giles. Red brick with diaper pattern work of burnt brick. Steeply pitched roofs of slate with crested ridge tiles and side and ridge stacks with grouped shafts. Two storeys. Principal elevation originally in west side. Three gabled eaves dormers with shaped bargeboarding. Casements. Two bay windows at ground floor. Crosswing to north with pointed arches to two casements. South front also has three similar eaves dormers, a bay window and entry in a pointed arch. Interior. Hall with brick screen of two bays, two-centred arches, chamfered on columns with capitals, carved with 'stiff-leaf' foliage. Original staircase of two flights and landing. VCH (Cambs), Vol.IV, p.225. Pevsner (Buildings of England), p.476.

Listing NGR: TF4257216714

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 476
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 225

National Grid Reference: TF 42572 16714

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125928 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 08:06:49.

End of official listing