SIX TABLE TOMBS, ABUTTING WEST WALL OF CHURCHYARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125942

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1983

Date of most recent amendment: 28-Apr-1994

Statutory Address: SIX TABLE TOMBS, ABUTTING WEST WALL OF CHURCHYARD, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SIX TABLE TOMBS, ABUTTING WEST WALL OF CHURCHYARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125942 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 05:41:55.

Location

Statutory Address: SIX TABLE TOMBS, ABUTTING WEST WALL OF CHURCHYARD, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Elm

National Grid Reference: TF4696006907

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for:

TF 40 NE 11/11

ELM MAIN ROAD Seven table tombs, abutting west wall of churchyard

GV II

The entry shall be amended to read:

TF 40 NE 11/11

ELM MAIN ROAD Six table tombs, abutting west wall of churchyard

GV II

The description shall be amended to read: Six table tombs, .....

-------------------

TF 40 NE 11/11

ELM MAIN ROAD Seven table tombs, abutting west wall of churchyard

GV II

Seven table tombs, mid and late C18 to Blackborn and Jenkinson families. Limestone. One with shaped ends and inverted scroll brackets to corners. Bolection moulded and raised and fielded panels to sides and a shallow round-headed niche to one end with a weeper. Another is similar but rectangular and has the bolection moulded panels divided by a panel of fruit and foliage. The corners have similar ornament and at the end a panel with other emblems of mortality. A third tomb is probably late C18 or early C19, and neoclassical in style. W. Watson, History of Wisbech (1872) p.50

Listing NGR: TF4696006907

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48083

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Watson, W, An Historical Account of the Ancient Town and Port of Wisbech, (1827), 503

End of official listing