2-17, WILLOW WALK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126026

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1972

Statutory Address: 2-17, WILLOW WALK

Map

Ordnance survey map of 2-17, WILLOW WALK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126026 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 11:54:26.

Location

Statutory Address: 2-17, WILLOW WALK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Cambridge (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TL 45522 58695

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WILLOW WALK 1. 942 Nos 2 to 17 (consec) TL 4558 NW 4/714 TL 4558 NE 5/714 II 2. 1815-17. Designed and built by Charles Humphrey. A symmetrical terrace with a central pedimented feature over Nos 9 and 10. 2 storeys and basements. Grey gault brick, The pediment is 3 bays wide supported by brick pilasters and has a timber cornice. Nos 2 and 17 also project slightly and have their entrance on the return walls. The other doors are paired in elliptical arches except for Nos 9 and 10. Most of the doors are panelled. 25 windows to the whole frontage, sashes with glazing bars, the ground floor ones at either end set in elliptically headed recesses. Some original interior features. Slate roof. Cast-iron lamp brackets with lanterns on Nos 6 and 13. (RCHM 266). Part of the Doll's Close development see also Maid's Causeway, Short Street and Fair Street.

Listing NGR: TL4552258695

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 47892

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of Cambridge, (1959)

End of official listing