CHURCH OF ST ANDREW THE LESS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126143

Date first listed: 26-Apr-1950

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW THE LESS, NEWMARKET ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW THE LESS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126143 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 19:26:18.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW THE LESS, NEWMARKET ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Cambridge (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TL 46299 58905

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details



667/21/3 NEWMARKET ROAD 26-APR-50 (North side) Church of St Andrew the Less

II



Small church of early C13 date consisting of chancel and nave. Rubble with some dressed stone. Built by Barnwell Priory. The church was restored 1854-6, the vestry and Organ-chamber added in the late C19. (RCHM 47.)



Listing NGR: TL4629958905

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 47626

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of Cambridge, (1959)

End of official listing