ZION CHAPEL SUNDAY SCHOOL (BAPTIST)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126211

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1972

Statutory Address: ZION CHAPEL SUNDAY SCHOOL (BAPTIST), EAST ROAD

Statutory Address: ZION CHAPEL SUNDAY SCHOOL (BAPTIST), PETERSFIELD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ZION CHAPEL SUNDAY SCHOOL (BAPTIST)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126211 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 17:59:00.

Location

Statutory Address: ZION CHAPEL SUNDAY SCHOOL (BAPTIST), EAST ROAD

Statutory Address: ZION CHAPEL SUNDAY SCHOOL (BAPTIST), PETERSFIELD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Cambridge (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TL 45819 58272

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EAST ROAD 1. 942 Zion Chapel Sunday School (Baptist) TL 4558 SE 8/487 II GV 2. Formerly the chapel itself, but now used as a hall. 1838. Grey gault brick. 2 storeys and basement. Low pitched hipped slate roof. Altered in 1879 when the present Chapel was built. Important for the side elevation facing Petersfield. 4 shallow arcaded bays with semi-elliptical heads containing sash windows with glazing bars on each floor. Stringcourses between the floors; panelled door inserted in 1879 as with the cornice. Inside, the upper floor is supported on cast-iron fluted columns with foliated capitals, originally intended to carry galleries. Founded by Henry Battiscombe, an important dissenting Minister. (See also Petersfield) (RCHM 67). Forms a group with Nos 1 to 10 (consec) Petersfield.

Listing NGR: TL4581958272

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 47420

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of Cambridge, (1959)

End of official listing