This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MAIDS HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MAIDS HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE

List entry Number: 1126422

Location

MAIDS HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE, 12, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: East Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wicken

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Dec-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Nov-1983

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 48896

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 57 SE WICKEN HIGH STREET (North Side) 8/88 No. 12 (Maids Head PH) (formerly listed as 1.12.51 Maids Head Public House) GV II House, possibly an open hall, C15 with late C16 crosswing to right hand and 1852 block to left hand. Open-hall timber framed with floor and stack inserted in C16 and cased in gault brick in C19. Hall has thatched roof of reed with ridge stack of grouped shafts on a square base. One storey and attic. Two dormer. Two doorways, one possibly at original entry to cross-passage and the other to the lobby entry. Crosswing, mid C16. Timber framed rendered with gable end rebuilt in brick. Thatched roof of reed with plastered coving to eaves. One storey and attics. Addition to left hand dated 1852 on stone panel in rear wall. Gault brick with shallow, hipped slate roof. Two storeys. Front elevation has three blind, eliptically headed bays divided by four recessed hung sashes of twelve panes each.

Listing NGR: TL5713270669

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 57132 70669

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126422 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 06:42:05.

End of official listing