DODDINGTON HALL COACH HOUSE AND STABLES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126573

Date first listed: 15-Feb-1985

Statutory Address: DODDINGTON HALL COACH HOUSE AND STABLES, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DODDINGTON HALL COACH HOUSE AND STABLES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126573 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 17:17:34.

Location

Statutory Address: DODDINGTON HALL COACH HOUSE AND STABLES, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Doddington

National Grid Reference: TL 40025 90666

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 49 SW DODDINGTON CHURCH LANE 2/1 (NORTH SIDE) Doddington Hail Coach House and Stables II

House, formerly the vicarage. Dated 'GE Walker 1872', on stone plaque in south wall, by W Smith (1817-91). Gault brick with limestone dressings; plain tile roofs with patterned ridge tiles. Two storeys with attics. Tudor-Gothic style, cross-gabled plan with two wings projecting in east and west elevations. Four side stacks and ridge stack. Stone copings to gables with finials, stone bands and plinth. West elevation of three 'bays' with lower service range to north attached to coach house and stables at right angles. Central main entrance with boarded and panelled door in two-centred arch with shafted jambs; gabled wooden open porch. Windows with hung sashes of one, two, and three trefoiled-lancet-lights; two-storey bay window to right hand with pent roof. In east elevation, oriel window at first floor and fine three-light staircase window with stained glass. Interior original details include closed string staircase and panelled and glazed wooden hall screen. Pevsner Buildings of England, p329 V.C.H. p112

Listing NGR: TL4002590666

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48491

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 329
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 112

End of official listing