PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126584

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126584 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 22:38:39.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Wimblington

National Grid Reference: TL 41604 92074

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 49 SW WIMBLINGTON CHURCH STREET (East Side) 2/17 Parish thurch of 25.10.51 St Peter II Parish Church, 1874. By Thomas Henry Wyatt (1807-80). Coursed limestone rubble with ironstone bands and limestone dressings. Plain tile roof and spire. Cruciform plan without aisles, crossing tower of three stages with clock surmounted by gabled pediment on west face of spire with tile hung covering. Polygonal apse. Gabled south porch with two centred arch, shafted jambs, and stiff leaf foliage to capitals. Three two-light nave windows in two-centred arches with septfoils. Rose window with qua.trefoils to tower and pair of two trefoiled light belfry windows. Interior: Double crossing arches springing from stiff-leaf-corbels, north and south arches of two bays with paired piers each with stiff-leaf-capitals and common abaci. Wimblington became a separate parish from Doddington in 1868. Pevsner: ┬žuildings of England p488 ~.~~



Listing NGR: TL4160492074

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48507

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 488

End of official listing