This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HAUCK FLAME WAREHOUSE TO REAR OF NUMBERS 5 AND 7

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HAUCK FLAME WAREHOUSE TO REAR OF NUMBERS 5 AND 7

List entry Number: 1126589

Location

HAUCK FLAME WAREHOUSE TO REAR OF NUMBERS 5 AND 7, OLD MARKET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wisbech

National Park: N/A

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1969

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 48429

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following previous listing date shall be added.

Page 96 Item number 6/222 10.2.69

--------------------------------------

WISBECH OLD MARKET TF 4609 (East Side) 6/222 Hauck Flame Ware- 6.11.74 house to rear of Nos. 5 and 7 GV II Granary built c.1820, possibly of two building periods with main structural features parallel to the river bank (Peace and Millward). Local brown brick with asbestos sheeting and slated hipped roofs. Five storeys. Facade facing river symmetrical, five 'bays'. Central double doors at ground level inserted into original round arched opening. Two windows to left and right hand of two lights in segmental brick arches. Pattern repeated with central doorways in segmental arches at each floor level. Some windows have boarded shutters. Interior has original staircases. Floors supported on brick piers at ground floor, and chamfered timber posts with cantilevered beams above them at other floor levels. Fielden and Mawson Arch. Wisbech Consultants' Report, 1974. Wisbech Society Anual Report, 1973 (Millward and Peace), p.11. NMR (C. Gregory, Wisbech photographic collection), 1982. VCH Cambs, p.242.

Listing NGR: TF4626909533

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 242
'Wisbech Society Annual Report' in Wisbech Society Annual Report, (1973), 11
Other
Fielden and Mawson Architects Wisbech Consultants Report, (1974)

National Grid Reference: TF 46066 09771

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126589 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 01:48:41.

End of official listing