LLOYDS BANK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126634

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1969

Statutory Address: LLOYDS BANK, 3, NORTH BRINK

Map

Ordnance survey map of LLOYDS BANK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126634 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 19:11:28.

Location

Statutory Address: LLOYDS BANK, 3, NORTH BRINK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Wisbech

National Grid Reference: TF 45970 09682

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following previous listing date shall be added.

Page 60 Item number 5/139 10.2.69

------------------------------------

WISBECH NORTH BRINK TF 4509 5/139 No. 3 (Lloyds Bank) GV II

Bank built 1926-8 in Barogue revival style. Architects F.B. Ward & H. Munro Cautley. Red hrick with limestone dressings. Two storeys; five 'bays'with recessed 'bay' to east, and entrance to upper floor. Giant Ionic brick pilasters divide 'bays'. Panelled parapet with stone copings, deep stone capped plinth and band. Five first floor twelve-paned hung sash windows with aprons, and four, eighteen-paned ground floor hung sash windows with gauged brick arches and stone key blocks. Very splendid doorcase, limestone, square headed with bolection moulding, panelled pilasters and console brackets supporting entablature with segmental pediment, cartouch and large sculpture figures. Double, three-panelled doors. VCH Cambs, p.242. Pevsner, Buildings in England, p.500.

Listing NGR: TF4597009682

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48337

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 500
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 242

End of official listing