25, NORTH BRINK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126643

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1969

Statutory Address: 25, NORTH BRINK

Map

Ordnance survey map of 25, NORTH BRINK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126643 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 13:32:46.

Location

Statutory Address: 25, NORTH BRINK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Wisbech

National Grid Reference: TF4578709604

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following previous listing date shall be added.

Page 73 Item number 5/166 10.2.69

-------------------------------------

WISBECH TF 4509 5/166

NORTH BRINK No. 25

GV II

House, built in 1861, date on stone plaque in rear gabled wall, in the style of Nos. 23 and 24. Designed by Algenon Peckover (1803-1893). Yellow gault brick with limestone dressings, slated roofs with some shaped ridge tiles. Rear stack with eight tall decorated chimney pots. Two storeys with attics and basements. Three-light attic window in cross-stepped gable with tall shaped stone finial. Two first-floor transomed casement windows with leaded lights. Five-light transomed casement bay window with leaded lights at ground floor. Gothic door to right hand approached by stone steps and passage door. VCH Cambs, p.242. Pevsner, Buildings in England, p.501. Photographs and prints, C18 and C19, W. & F. Mus.

Listing NGR: TF4578709604

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48365

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 501
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 242

End of official listing