TWO GATE PIERS FLANKING WAR MEMORIAL (ORIGINALLY INCLUDED IN THE CASTLE GARDEN)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126666

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1969

Statutory Address: TWO GATE PIERS FLANKING WAR MEMORIAL (ORIGINALLY INCLUDED IN THE CASTLE GARDEN), MUSEUM SQUARE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO GATE PIERS FLANKING WAR MEMORIAL (ORIGINALLY INCLUDED IN THE CASTLE GARDEN)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126666 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 10:21:02.

Location

Statutory Address: TWO GATE PIERS FLANKING WAR MEMORIAL (ORIGINALLY INCLUDED IN THE CASTLE GARDEN), MUSEUM SQUARE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland (District Authority)

Parish: Wisbech

National Grid Reference: TF 46143 09575

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following previous listing date shall be added.

Page 53 Item number 6/122 10.2.69

------------------------------------

WISBECH MUSEUM SQUARE TF 4609 (West Side) 6/122 Two Gate Piers flank- ing War Memorial (originally included in The Castle garden) GV II

Two gate piers of rusticated limestone with deeply moulded cornice to caps and ball finials, c.1656 resited to boundary of garden by Josepth Medworth, c.1800. G. Annis, A History of Wisbech Castle, 1977. Cambs. C.C., measured drawings by R. Walker, 1983.

Listing NGR: TF4615609579

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 48320

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Annis, G, A History of Wisbech Castle, (1977)

End of official listing