OUTBUILDING IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF ORTON HALL AND ARCHED DOORWAY LINK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126709

Date first listed: 14-Nov-1974

Statutory Address: OUTBUILDING IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF ORTON HALL AND ARCHED DOORWAY LINK

Map

Ordnance survey map of OUTBUILDING IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF ORTON HALL AND ARCHED DOORWAY LINK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126709 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 06:53:44.

Location

Statutory Address: OUTBUILDING IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF ORTON HALL AND ARCHED DOORWAY LINK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Peterborough (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Orton Longueville

National Grid Reference: TL 16769 96556

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5141 ORTON LONGUEVILLE THE VILLAGE (west side) Outbuilding immediately north of Orton Hall and arched doorway link (formerly listed as outbuildings to Orton Hall) TL 1696 54/453 14.11.74 II GV 2. C17/early C18 coursed stone rubble range with flush quoins and steeply pitched Collyweston stone roof with coped gable ends. Large ashlar grouped stacks over gable ends, with cornices, the south one has sundial with date 1652. One storey and attic, 3 modern hipped dormers and modern casements. C18 extension to north, coursed stone with lower roof with 4 hipped dormers and modern ground floor windows. Including a reset arched doorway linking outbuilding to the house to south, C16, segmental arch with dripmould, cornice and semi-circular tympanum with finial and shields of arms of Talbot and Raynor, said to have come from Fotheringhay. RCHM.

Listing NGR: TL1676996556

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 50246

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments, , Peterborough New Town: a survey of antiquities..., (1969)

End of official listing