25, MILL ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1126723
Date first listed:
15-Dec-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Feb-1982
Statutory Address:
25, MILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 25, MILL ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126723 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 20:56:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
25, MILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Peterborough (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Maxey
National Grid Reference:
TF 12859 08650

Details

1. 5141 MAXEY MILL ROAD No 25 (formerly listed as House opposite Fox Covert Farm under Castle End) TF 1208 25/385 15.12.55 II GV 2. Possibly medieval origin. Coursed stone rubble cottage at right angles to road. Thatched roof with gabled end. One storey and attic. Three window range. Modern and C19 casements. One eyebrow dormer. End brick stacks. Fire insurance plaque on south end. In gable end to road is C14 blocked window with 2-light pointed arch traceried head. This is either reused material or it indicates the existence of a chapel referred to in VCH Vol II Northants. Page 505. Interior: cambered ceiling beam with stopped chamfer.

Listing NGR: TF1285908650

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
50176
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ryland, W, Adkins, D, Sejeantson, R, The Victoria History of the County of Northampton, (1906), 505

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/14031/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Mark Blackmore. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].