CASTLE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126751

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1955

Statutory Address: CASTLE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CASTLE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126751 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 00:08:58.

Location

Statutory Address: CASTLE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Peterborough (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Maxey

National Grid Reference: TF 12922 08750

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5141 MAXEY CASTLE END Castle Farmhouse TF 1208 25/355 15.12.55 II GV 2. C15/16 and C17 house with C18 alterations. Long coursed stone range with steeply pitched Collyweston stone roof with gabled ends, north gable has moulded coping. Two storeys. Four window range. West side has sashes with glazing bars in stone frames with keyblocks. Panelled doors left and right also in stone frames. East side has string course and projecting gabled staircase wing with stone coping with crenellated finial. There are stone mullion windows on the east side with hoodmoulds and cornices, some blocked. The north gable end has 2 C15 twin light stone windows with arched lights and hoodmoulds. The nucleus of the house may be the Chantry referred to in VCH Northamptonshire Vol II Page 505.

Listing NGR: TF1292208750

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 50142

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ryland, W, Adkins, D, Sejeantson, R, The Victoria History of the County of Northampton, (1906), 505

End of official listing