This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MANOR FARMHOUSE AND ROOFLESS OUTBUILDING ADJOINING EAST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MANOR FARMHOUSE AND ROOFLESS OUTBUILDING ADJOINING EAST

List entry Number: 1126771

Location

MANOR FARMHOUSE AND ROOFLESS OUTBUILDING ADJOINING EAST, WEST STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: City of Peterborough

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Helpston

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Feb-1982

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 50089

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5141 HELPSTON WEST STREET (north side) Manor Farmhouse and roofless outbuilding adjoining east (formerly listed as Helpston House) TF 1205 37/303 15.12.55 TF 1105 36/303 II GV 2. C16/17 house. L-shaped on plan. Coursed stone with steeply pitched Collyweston stone roof with coped gable ends. One storey and attic. Long 6 window range. Gabled cross wing at west end with date "1660" in gable. Ashlar 2 storeyed canted bay with gable and ovolo moulded mullion windows. Stone gabled dormer. Three- and four-light ovolo moulded stone mullion windows with cornices. Moulded stone 4-centred arch door surround. To right (east) extension probably C18 with elliptical arch carriageway with keyblock and large panelled doors and 2 gabled dormers. Ashlar stacks with cornices. A roofless stone outbuilding, probably C18/19, adjoins at east end and forms a screen, included for group value.

Listing NGR: TF1199905453

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 11999 05453

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126771 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 07:06:03.

End of official listing