THE CEDARS AND OUTBUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1126804

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1955

Statutory Address: THE CEDARS AND OUTBUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH EAST, PETERBOROUGH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CEDARS AND OUTBUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126804 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 22:43:05.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CEDARS AND OUTBUILDING ADJOINING TO NORTH EAST, PETERBOROUGH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Peterborough (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Castor

National Grid Reference: TL 12391 98530

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5141 CASTOR PETERBOROUGH ROAD (north side) 15.12.55 The Cedars and outbuilding adjoining to north- east TL 1298 50/168 II GV 2. Early C18 house with remodelled facade of early C19. Coursed stone with rusticated quoins, the front rendered. Steeply pitched Collyweston stone hipped roof. Two storeys and attic. Three bays, centre advanced. Sashes with glazing bars, centre first floor in eared architrave, ground floor centre Greek Doric porch fielded panel double doors and rectangular fanlight. Two flat roofed dormers. Ashlar chimney stacks with cornices. Outbuilding wing at rear, late C17/early C18 probably stables, coursed stone rubble with steeply pitched Collyweston stone roof with coped gable ends, 2 storeys and attic, 3 window range small casements and C19 sash, double doors to coachhouse, ridge stack off centre, connected to the house by C18/19 wing. RCHM (l0) page 67. VCH Northamptonshire Vol II.

Listing NGR: TL1239198530

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 49960

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments, , Peterborough New Town: a survey of antiquities..., (1969), 67
Ryland, W, Adkins, D, Sejeantson, R, The Victoria History of the County of Northampton, (1906)

End of official listing