TOFT MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127147

Date first listed: 31-May-1985

Statutory Address: TOFT MANOR, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOFT MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127147 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 05:13:55.

Location

Statutory Address: TOFT MANOR, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Toft

National Grid Reference: TL 36259 55711

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 35 NE TOFT CHURCH ROAD (East Side)

8/160 Toft Manor

GV II

House, formerly the rectory. 1844. By S.W. Dawkes for E.A. Powell, rector 1843-94. Knapped flint with limestone dressings. Plain tiled roofs with patterned ridge tiles. Two storeys and attics. Tudor-Gothic style. North elevation: Asymmetric gabled facade with wing projecting to east, staircase hall advanced from main range with porch to left hand, and leanto in angle to right hand. Parapet gables with cross finial to staircase projection and bargeboards with drop finials to three gables of leanto. Main entrance with two-centred arch and studded, boarded door, staircase window with nine mullioned and transomed lights, three single-light windows to leanto. End stack and ridge stack with diagonal shafts. Interior: details contemporary, and of high quality design.

RCHM West Cambs. p208, mon. 2 VCH, Vol. V, p134 Pevsner: Buildings of England, p472

Listing NGR: TL3625955711

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51187

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1954), 472
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1973), 134
Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

End of official listing