OLD VICTORIA FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127183

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1982

Statutory Address: OLD VICTORIA FARMHOUSE, 26, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD VICTORIA FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127183 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 18:23:19.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD VICTORIA FARMHOUSE, 26, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Hardwick

National Grid Reference: TL 37419 58796

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 35 NE HARDWICK MAIN STREET (West Side)

8/143 No. 26 (Old 10. 9.82 Victoria Farmhouse)

II

Farmhouse. Late C16 with c.1700 and C19 alterations and additions. Timber-framed and plastered, plain tile roof. Red brick parapet gable to left hand, local C17 ridge ridge stack with three shafts and rebuilt cap. Two storeys. Original house of one storey and attic raised to two storeys and extended to three unit plan with lobby entry c.1700. C19 outshut to rear with dairy and cellar. Main lobby entrance with panelled door approached by steps. Three ground floor and three first floor C19 casement windows with cast iron latticed glazing bars. Interior: Exposed timber-frame and stop- chamfered ceiling beams. Two inglenook hearths, one with sealed baking oven. The farmhouse is positioned on the edge of the former village green enclosed in 1836. Scratchings on wall of first floor bedroom.

VCH, Vol. V, p99 RCHM West Cambs. p128, mon. 3

Listing NGR: TL3741958796

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51170

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1973), 99
Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

End of official listing