This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1127192



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Caldecote

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-May-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 51082

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



7/52 The Old Rectory


House, formerly the rectory. Late C15, C17 alterations and C19. Timber-frame and brick, rendered. Plain tile roof. Two storeys and one storey and attic. Original hall with crosswing to right hand and underbuilt jetty to west. C19 wing to left hand. Two C17 ridge stacks to each crosswing rebuilt C19. West facing elevation: C19 wing with five-light transomed casement bay window and similar three-light window above, one casement dormer window to hall range, and one casement window with glazing bars at each floor level of crosswing to right hand. Main entrance in north elevation. Interior: C17 chamfered floor beam and large hearth with baking oven to hall, exposed ceiling beams and crown-post of original roof to late C15 crosswing. Relined inglenook hearth, and sealed hearth. Terrier of 1664 records the building as being damaged by fire in 1607.

R.C.H.M. West Cambs. p33, mon.3 V.C.H., Vol. V, p24

Listing NGR: TL3487057142

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1973), 24
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

National Grid Reference: TL 34711 56286


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127192 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 11:45:02.

End of official listing