OAK COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127234

Date first listed: 31-Aug-1962

Statutory Address: OAK COTTAGE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OAK COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127234 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 23:33:54.

Location

Statutory Address: OAK COTTAGE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Fen Drayton

National Grid Reference: TL 33944 68386

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 3268-3368 FEN DRAYTON HIGH STREET (East Side)

13/68 Oak Cottage 31.8.62

GV II

House. Early C16, with re-used early C16 timber frame and C17 and C18 panelling. Substantial timber frame with plaster infilling; modern red brick. Plain tile half hipped roof. Two storeys, continuous jetty two and a half bays with gable end stack to south, extended c.1960 by an additional bay. Two side stacks and ridge stack. C20 entrance to right hand with boarded door and side lights; lintel of original entrance to cross passage in situ, now blocked. Two ground floor windows of five- and six-lights with some original moulded mullions, and three, three-light first floor casement windows. Interior. Stop-chamfered ceiling beams, blocked service and chamber doors in truss dividing original ground floor and first floor rooms. C17 and C18 panelling and C16 timber frame re-used from The Angel Hostel No.22 Trinity Street, Cambridge (R.C.H.M. mon.116), and building in Scotland Road, Cambridge (R.C.H.M. mon. 320), demolished c.1961. R.C.H.M. (Cambs notes) 1950

Listing NGR: TL3394268391

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 50977

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Cambridgeshire Notes and Photographs, (1950)

End of official listing