3A AND 5, BLACKHORSE LANE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127244

Date first listed: 25-Sep-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 18-Nov-1991

Statutory Address: 3A AND 5, BLACKHORSE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 3A AND 5, BLACKHORSE LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127244 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 13:56:26.

Location

Statutory Address: 3A AND 5, BLACKHORSE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Swavesey

National Grid Reference: TL 36089 68838

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The entry for:-

TL 3668-3768 SWAVESEY BLACKHORSE LANE (south side)

14/102 No 5

GV II

shall be amended to read:

TL 3668-3768 SWAVESEY BLACKHORSE LANE (south side)

14/102 No 3a and No 5

GV II

Cottage and workshop, formerly a chapel, 1719 altered in 1788 and with rear wing added in 1879. Slate and corrugated iron roof replacing original thatched roof half hipped to west with parapet gable to east and end stack with upper courses rebuilt; modern brick ridge stack. One storey and attic. Sawtooth brick eaves cornice and cornice to later brick porch. Two, three-light casement windows to west, one, four-paned hung sash window and boarded door to east of gabled porch. Chapel was The Old Quaker Meeting house and the centre for the Temperance Reformers. No 3a on left is now the cottage and No 5 on right is the workshop. RCHM (Stell, Cambridgeshire chapels).

------------------------------------

SWAVESEY BLACKHORSE LANE TL 3668-3768 (south side) 14/102 No 5

GV II

shall be amended to read:

TL 3668-3768 SWAVESEY BLACKHORSE LANE (south side)

14/102 No 3a and No 5

GV II Cottage and workshop, formerly a chapel, 1719 altered in 1788 and with rear wing added in 1879. Slate and corrugated iron roof replacing original thatched roof half hipped to west with parapet gable to east and end stack with upper courses rebuilt; modern brick ridge stack. One storey and attic. Sawtooth brick eaves cornice and cornice to later brick porch. Two, three-light casement windows to west, one, four-paned hung sash window and boarded door to east of gabled porch. Chapel was The Old Quaker Meeting house and the centre for the Temperance Reformers. No 3a on left is now the cottage and No 5 on right is the workshop. RCHM (Stell, Cambridgeshire chapels).

------------------------------------

TL 3668-3768 SWAVESEY BLACKHORSE LANE (South Side)

14/102 No. 5

GV II

Cottage and workshop, formerly a chapel, 1719 altered in 1788 and with rear wing added in 1879. Slate and corrugated iron roof replacing original thatched roof half hipped to west with parapet gable to east and end stack with upper courses rebuilt; modern brick ridge stack. One storey and attic. Sawtooth brick eaves cornice and cornice to later brick porch. Two, three-light casement windows to west, one, four-paned hung sash window and boarded door to east of gabled porch. Chapel was The Old Quaker Meeting house and the centre for the Temperance Reformers. R.C.H.M. (Stell, Cambridgeshire chapels)

Listing NGR: TL3608968838

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51003

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Central England, (1986)

End of official listing