THE OLD MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127252

Date first listed: 25-Sep-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD MILL, 61, BOXWORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127252 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 18:42:51.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD MILL, 61, BOXWORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Elsworth

National Grid Reference: TL 32612 64123

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for

TL 36SW ELSWORTH BOXWORTH ROAD (North Side)

9/17 No. 61 (The Old Mill)

GV II

The description shall be amended to read:-

Tower Mill, now a dwelling. Dated J.P./W.P. 1854 on brick over arch of former main door. Tarred gault brick. Tapering tower of four storeys without cap. Mild steel windows with glazing bars fanned to round headed arches at each floor level. Mill orginally with floor sails and gallery, in use until 1922, single storey exten- sion and convertion to domestic use c.1935.

------------------------------------

TL 36SW ELSWORTH BOXWORTH ROAD (North Side)

9/17 No.61 (The Old Mill)

GV II

Tower mill now a dwelling. c.1840. Tarred gault brick. Tapering tower of four storeys without cap. Cast iron windows with glazing bars fanned to round headed arches at each floor level. Mill originally with floor sails and gallery, in use until 1922, single storey extension and convertion to domestic use c.1935.

Listing NGR: TL3261264123

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 50924

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing