This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1127307



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Over

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Sep-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 50848

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TL 3770 OVER HIGH STREET (South West Side)

10/101 No. 13


House. Early C18 with kitchen wing of 1771. Clear red facing bricks to front wall with red and some yellow brick to end walls. English bond. C20 tiles to steeply pitched roof with end parapets on kneelers and brick dentil eaves cornice. Original end stacks of yellow gault brick with red brick rustication to quoins. Single range plan. Two storeys and symmetrical elevation. Central doorway with original flat canopy with moulded cornice on scroll brackets. Door of four raised and fielded panels with two small glazed upper panels. Two flanking C19 hung sashes with lowered sills but original cambered arches of alternating burnt and red brickwork. Plain band of three bricks between storeys. First floor has two window openings and a third central blind window. Two of the arches are original and similar to that at ground floor, and the sills have also been lowered, except for that of the blind window. There is a tradesmen's doorway at right hand. A kitchen wing was added at the rear in 1771. Brick with tiled roof. Interior: There are some raised and fielded panelled doors, and an early C19 staircase with square section balusters. The original plan of two rooms on either side of a central hall and stairbay remains unaltered.

Listing NGR: TL3766970598

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 37669 70598


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127307 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 11:27:47.

End of official listing