This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NUMBERS 4, 6 AND 8 AND FOUR ORIGINAL WROUGHT IRON GARDEN GATES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBERS 4, 6 AND 8 AND FOUR ORIGINAL WROUGHT IRON GARDEN GATES

List entry Number: 1127432

Location

NUMBERS 4, 6 AND 8 AND FOUR ORIGINAL WROUGHT IRON GARDEN GATES, 4, 6 AND 8, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Fen Ditton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Aug-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 50554

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4860-4960 FEN DITTON CHURCH STREET (East Side)

18/3 Nos 4, 6 and 8 and four original wrought iron garden gates GV II

Almshouses, rebuilt in 1877 for Thomas Bailey and recently converted to three dwellings. Gault brick with red brick dressings. Pantile roofs. Three ridge stacks each with pair of diagonal shafts. One storey. Saw-tooth brick eaves cornices. Shaped barge boards. Roofs extended as porches supported on brackets to six boarded doors. Six, two-light casement windows with transomes in cambered brick arches. Three limestone plaques with building details include one inscribed 'Almshouses formerly stood on site were erected by a member of the Willys family AD 1663-6'. Four original wrought iron garden gates. Included with The Old Rectory for group value.

Listing NGR: TL4831060361

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 48310 60361

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127432 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 08:41:30.

End of official listing