This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HUDDS MILL MILL HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HUDDS MILL MILL HOUSE

List entry Number: 1127510

Location

HUDDS MILL
MILL HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stamford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 50331

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5141 ST MARTINS WITHOUT RIVER WELLAND Hudds Mill and Mill House TF 00 NW 1/531 II 2. C17/18 Mill and Mill house over the River Welland. Coursed stone range, part ashlar. Steeply pitched slate roof, with coped gable end to house. Two storeys and attic. The house is a 2 window range with C19 2-and 3-light casements and has a plank door. The end wall has a moulded stone window frame (blocked). The mill adjoining north has plank door to ground and first floors, and boarded and gabled hoist to attic which overhangs the way in front. The rear (west) wall has some ovolo moulded stone mullion windows with cornices. Graffiti on stones of front wall: "Will Barett 1771", "Geo Topley 1788" "Edward Milton 1752". Other graffiti weathered so as to be virtually illegible. On south end wall of the Mill house (inside later extension) stone with carving "Ireland 1641". In this the date of rebellion carved at later date or is date contemporary with carving, inferring that the Mill predates 1641. Machinery taken out.

Listing NGR: TF0423507404

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 04235 07404

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127510 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 07:14:20.

End of official listing