MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127524

Date first listed: 25-Sep-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Feb-1982

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, CHERRY ORTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127524 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 15:11:41.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, CHERRY ORTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Peterborough (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Orton Waterville

National Grid Reference: TL 15593 96074

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5141 ORTON WATERVILLE CHERRY ORTON ROAD (east side) Manor Farmhouse (formerly listed under Town Street) TL 1596 53/468 25.9.51 II GV 2. Late C16, date 1571 RM in gable of south wing, and C17 addition to north. Coursed stone rubble house with freestone dressings. Steeply pitched Collyweston stone roof. H-shaped on plan. Two storeys. 1:3:1 bays. End gabled wings project. Apex of gable of north wing has carved lion. Two later gabled semi-dormers at centre. Stone mullion/transom windows with drip moulds some C19. Modern panel in left hand (north) angle. Brick stacks with moulded stone cornices. Interior stopped chamfer ceiling beams. Large re used stone doorway with pilasters and cornice with cresting inscribed 'Anno 1571 R,, AM', probably for the Milsent family. RCHM (2) page 72.

Listing NGR: TL1559396074

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 50261

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments, , Peterborough New Town: a survey of antiquities..., (1969), 72

End of official listing