CLUN GRANGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127572

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: CLUN GRANGE, 100, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLUN GRANGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127572 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 19:24:52.

Location

Statutory Address: CLUN GRANGE, 100, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Melbourn

National Grid Reference: TL 38049 44280

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MELBOURN HIGH STREET TL 3844 (North west side) 24/161 No. 100 (Clun Grange) II

House. Late C16, c.1700 and C18-C19. Timber framed, plaster rendered. Tiled roofs at several levels. Red brick ridge stack of grouped shafts with string course. Two bays remain of a single range, late C16 house with lobby entry on west side. The bay at north end was probably rebuilt c.1700. The two bays of the late C16 part are of two storeys now, but the bay at the south end was originally of one storey with a loft. Two C19 casements. Doorway to centre bay. Bay at north end two storeys and attic. One c1700 cross-frame casement at first floor and a hung sash at ground floor. In C18-C19 a small wing was added at the rear. Brick and timber frame with tiled roof. Two storeys. Inside: Abuttiny red brick inglenook hearths, one blocked. The late C16 house had a two bay hall with intermediate post between the two bays. The framing is substantial in this part with jowled main posts. The wall plate is chamfered. There is a smaller hearth in the chamber over the hall and an original doorway opening leading to the room over the bay at the south end. The tie beam is at a lower height suggesting that originally this end had a single storey with a loft above. The roof was raised probably C19 when the rear addition was made. The c.1700 bay has a typical staggered ten-on purlin roof.

R.C.H.M. Record Card (1949)

Listing NGR: TL3804944280

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52212

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing