THE MILLICENT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1127648
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1985
Statutory Address:
THE MILLICENT HOUSE, 3, MILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MILLICENT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127648 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 19:56:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MILLICENT HOUSE, 3, MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cambridgeshire
District:
South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Linton
National Grid Reference:
TL 56359 46779

Details

TL 5646 LINTON MILL LANE (East Side)

16/186 No. 3 (The Millicent House) GV II

House. C17 rebuild of earlier, perhaps C16 house, with C18 extensions. Timber-framed with rough cast render, C20 brick plinth. Plain tiled half hipped roof with ridge stack to right of centre and rear stack to left hand. Two storeys with attics and service basement, three unit plan. C20 boarded door with late Cl8 enriched door frame. Interior: Stop chamfered ceiling beams and exposed timber-frame. Red brick hearths to main rooms; parlour hearth to south originally grouted in plaster and painted red. Cooking hearth in cellar an unusual feature for C17.

Palmer, M W The Antiquities of Linton, p10. 1913 R.C.H.M. Report 1951

Listing NGR: TL5635946779

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
52000
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Palmer, W M, The Antiquities of Linton, (1913), 10
Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/08448/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John H. Turkentine. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].