THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127655

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, 33, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127655 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 08:07:41.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, 33, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Little Abington

National Grid Reference: TL 53068 49135

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5249 LITTLE ABINGTON CHURCH LANE (South Side)

9/30 No. 33 (The Old Vicarage)

II

House formerly the vicarage. Early C18 with late C18 remodelling and extension of an original timber-framed building with cross wing to west; additional north range and extension to east c.1810 and late C19 extensions to west. Brick, stuccoed with imitation masonry lines. Slate roofs; (roof to cross wing formerly plain tiled). Two storeys with cellar and half cellar to dairy. North facing elevation: Three unequal 'bays' with four-flush- panelled door and rectangular fanlight in doorcase with panelled reveals; two first floor and one ground floor twelve-paned recessed hung sash windows and one similar but wider hung sash window to right hand. One early C18 hung sash window in east elevation; in south elevation late C18 windows with glazing bars forming pointed arches; good early C19 cast iron open verandah with pierced cornice and slender posts. Interior: Details early C19, an elliptical fanlight to inner door of staircase hall, C19 chimney pieces and doors. Some C18 two-panelled doors. The vicarage was reconstructed c.1810 by the vicar and c.1830 Queen Anne's Bounty lent ?327 for similar rebuilding. The vicarage was sold in 1961.

V.C.H., Vol. VI, pl5

Listing NGR: TL5306849135

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52011

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 15

End of official listing