This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1127665

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, 6, TOWN LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Pampisford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Sep-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 52042

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4848 PAMPISFORD TOWN LANE (South Side)

10/212 No. 6 (The Old 22.11.67 Rectory) (formerly listed as Post Office Cottage)

II

Cottage, formerly the rectory till c.1840. Early C16 and C17 with C19 addition. Timber-framed with plastered infill and plaster covered; painted brick. Slated roofs. Two storeys. Jettied cross wing of two timber-framed bays with C17 outshut to west for staircase, and evidence for main range to east in rear elevation, replaced by C19 extension of one bay. Four jetty brackets springing from slender wooden pilasters flank original window opening, (possibly an oriel), and doorway to left hand. Carved spandrels to door head with four-centred arch possibly an insertion, the modern C20 boarded door is in the original window position. One C20 first floor casement window above entrance. C19 extension has one first floor casement window and one four-paned hung sash window. Gable end stack to east and side stack to south. Interior: exposed floor frame and timber-frame with cranked braces to tie beam in central truss.

R.C.H.M. Report 1951 V.C.H., Vol. VI, p111



Listing NGR: TL4973348045

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 111
Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

National Grid Reference: TL 49733 48045

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127665 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 07:58:39.

End of official listing