This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LIVEMORE HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LIVEMORE HOUSE

List entry Number: 1127674

Location

LIVEMORE HOUSE, 117, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Linton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Sep-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 51955

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5646 LINTON HIGH STREET (North Side)

16/141 No. 117 (Livemore House) (formerly listed as No 121) GV II

House. Early C17 with late C17 alterations and C18, C19 and C20 additions and alterations. Timber-framed and plastered with plain tile roofs. Large ridge stack of red brick with upper courses rebuilt; external gable end stack to right hand with offsets and two rebuilt diagonal shafts. Two storeys with attics, early C18 single storey range to rear, stair turret possibly rebuilt, and outshut. Three unit plan with main entrance in lobby entry position, C20 gabled porch with shaped barge boards and six-panelled door. Two C20 canted bay windows to right hand and transomed window to left hand with similar casements. Three three-light first floor casement windows; three gabled dormer windows with single lights replacing original three-light casements. Plastered plinth. Interior: Attic floor, inserted in late C17, partly masks wall painting on west face of plastered stack with a design of leaf forms and stylistic flowers in grey and black with some traces of foliage design on first floor fireplace. Fireplaces with brick jambs. Reused timber exposed in floor frames. Original partition between rooms to east removed. Painted boarded door. The house was built on the site used for the vicarage from 1280-1473; it was used as the Unionist Club in 1913.

R.C.H.M. Report 1951 and c.1970 V.C.H. Vol. VI p100 Palmer, W.M. The Antiquities of Linton, 1913 CC

Listing NGR: TL5641746839

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Palmer, W M, The Antiquities of Linton, (1913)
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978)
Other
Report on Livemore House Linton Cambridgeshire, (1970)
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

National Grid Reference: TL 56417 46839

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127674 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 12:48:08.

End of official listing