This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ZENKERS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ZENKERS

List entry Number: 1127675

Location

ZENKERS, 121, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Linton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 51956

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5646 LINTON HIGH STREET (North Side)

16/142 No. 121 (Zenkers)

GV II

House. Late C16 with C17 additions and alterations; recently renovated. Timber-framed, exposed and plastered. Pantiled roofs, half hipped to cross wing. Large red brick ridge stack to left hand lower range and side stack to cross wing both with upper courses rebuilt. Two storeys; hall originally single storeyed with integral cross wing to east and C17 stair turret in angle. C17 single storey range to west. Glazed C20 door in main range and C20 boarded door to left hand. Five ground floor casement windows; four first floor casement windows. Timber-frame exposed in front elevation shows straight and curved tension braces with reused timber. Interior: Exposed floor frames, two inglenook hearths. C17 panelled and boarded doors. Side purlin roof with curved wind braces in each bay to cross wing; hall roof sealed. F. Zenker, gent. owned the property in 1720.

R.C.H.M. Report 1951

Listing NGR: TL5646046868

Selected Sources

Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

National Grid Reference: TL 56460 46868

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127675 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 03:42:15.

End of official listing