QUEENS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1127677

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1967

Statutory Address: QUEENS HOUSE, 16, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUEENS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127677 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 00:10:11.

Location

Statutory Address: QUEENS HOUSE, 16, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Linton

National Grid Reference: TL 55938 46632

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5446 LINTON HIGH STREET (South-East Side)

15/148 No. 16 (Queens House) 22.11.67 GV II*

House. Dated rainwater head 'W.C. 1731' and carved brick 'I. WEBB 1731' in rear wall, with alterations c.1780-90 to street facade and incorporating as service wing an original C17 two unit plan lobby entry building. Red brick, stuccoed to north-west, with timber-framed and plastered rear wing. Plain tiled roofs. Two storeys with attics main north-west range with rear staircase hall linked to earlier building of two storeys. Main facade; parapet gables and end stacks and plain parapet above. Wooden eaves cornice with modillions; plastered brick plinth. Two storey canted bay windows with hung sashes rising to cornice level. Central twelve-paned hung sash window with flush-frame above entrance door of six panels and fanlight with radial glazing bars. Wooden doorcase with attached columns on square bases with dentil enriched entablature. Central ridge cupola with glazed lights, and leaded ogee cap. Interior: Early C18 staircase with turned balusters, and panelling. House possibly built for Thos. Talbot steward of Linton Manors c.1730. Palmer, M W, & Morley. Photographic Collection. pl, 22. 1913 C.C. R.C.H.M. Report 1951 Stevens, R L Linton P.C. Pub. 1983 V.C.H. Vol. VI, p82 Barham Manor Map 1785. Pembroke College Millicent Map 1600. Pembroke College

Listing NGR: TL5593846632

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51962

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 82
Stevens, R L, Linton
Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

End of official listing