This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CAMBRIDGE HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CAMBRIDGE HOUSE

List entry Number: 1127705

Location

CAMBRIDGE HOUSE, 19 AND 21, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Linton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 51934

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5446 LINTON HIGH STREET (North-West Side)

15/120 Nos. 19 and 21 22.11.67 (Cambridge House)

GV II

House, formerly divided into two dwellings. Mid-late C18 with mid C17 wing and C19 and C20 alterations and additions. Timber-framed and plastered with C19 brick and painted brick casing to earlier timber-frame. Modern plain tile roofs hipped to front elevation. Red brick ridge stack to left of centre and two rear stacks. Two storeys; surviving two units and central stack of C17 range incorporated in C18 L-plan addition. Modillioned eaves cornice (removed from C19 cased bay to left hand), with cast iron gutter ornamented with lead leopard heads. Cemented plinth. Main entrance to right hand approached by stone steps, C18 six-panelled door with round headed fanlight in round arched wooden doorcase with attached columns and dentil enriched frieze and cornice. Two flanking, canted two storey bay windows with late C19 hung sashes without glazing bars, one similar ground floor hung sash window blocking a former doorway and two first floor hung sash windows. Interior details include a C18 moulded cornice, door and door frame, C17 stop-chamfered ceiling beam; C19 staircase.

Stevens, R.L. (unpublished records) 1983 R.C.H.M. Records 1951

Listing NGR: TL5592046684

Selected Sources

Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

National Grid Reference: TL 55920 46684

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127705 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 05:07:45.

End of official listing