This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HALL FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HALL FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1127720

Location

HALL FARMHOUSE, 86, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Great Abington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 51859

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5248 GREAT ABINGTON HIGH STREET (West Side)

11/21 Hall Farmhouse (No. 86)

GV II

House, formerly a farmhouse. Early C16 with late C17 and C20 alterations. Timber-framed and plastered; plain tiled roof, tall rectangular planned red brick ridge stack. Two storeys with attic and cellar, a surviving part of a larger building (map 1687), that extended further to south-west. Main entrance in modern flat roofed extension to left hand; three first floor and three ground floor C20 casement windows. Interior: Exposed, substantial timber-frame of four bays divided by a closed truss with a truss to the south-west framed originally beside a chimney stack. Stop-chamfered ceiling beams, four-light first floor window with moulded mullions (qv Abington Pottery and Linton Guildhall). Late C17 inserted stack, partitions and cellar. Late C17 staircase door.

Map. Gt. Abington 1687, C.R.O. V.C.H., Vol. VI, p16

Listing NGR: TL5319348560

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 16

National Grid Reference: TL 53193 48560

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127720 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 06:39:05.

End of official listing