CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127946

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1979

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE, WEST WICKHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127946 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 03:19:29.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE, WEST WICKHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Horseheath

National Grid Reference: TL 61373 47362

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HORSEHEATH WEST WICKHAM ROAD TL 6147 (South Side) 20/89 18.10.79 Church Farmhouse GV II House. c.1700 extended late in C18. Timber-framed, plaster rendered. Tiled roofs with early C18 shafted red brick ridge stack to east end. Irregular plan, having additions to the centre block mainly on the east and south. Two storeys to centre block. Two C19 windows at first floor. Doorway with C19 canopy and one window at ground floor. Late C18 addition to east end. One bay. Framed, rendered and slate roof at lower ridge and eaves height. Two storeys. Projecting north from this is a wing, also C18. Framed, rendered and tiled. Side stack on east side of C18 red brickwork. Two storeys. The south wing is a kitchen range. Framed, rendered and weather-boarded with tiled roof and C18 red brick stack. One storey and attic. One dormer on east side.

R.C.H.M. Record Card (1951) V.C.H. Cambs., Vol. VI, p76



Listing NGR: TL6137347362

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51291

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 76

End of official listing