This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GARDEN WALL, PIERS AND GATE OF FORMER HALL PLACE FRONTING THE EAST SIDE OF CHURCH STREET AND NOW FORMING PART OF THE CURTILAGE OF NUMBERS 19, THE VICARAGE AND 29A

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GARDEN WALL, PIERS AND GATE OF FORMER HALL PLACE FRONTING THE EAST SIDE OF CHURCH STREET AND NOW FORMING PART OF THE CURTILAGE OF NUMBERS 19, THE VICARAGE AND 29A

List entry Number: 1127960

Location

GARDEN WALL, PIERS AND GATE OF FORMER HALL PLACE FRONTING THE EAST SIDE OF CHURCH STREET AND NOW FORMING PART OF THE CURTILAGE OF NUMBERS 19, THE VICARAGE AND 29A, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: St. Neots

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 53205

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. CHURCH STREET 1590 (East Side)

Garden Wall, Piers and gate of former Hall Place fronting the East side of Church Street and now forming part of the curtilage of Nos 19, The Vicarage and 29A. TL 1860 1/37 10.1.51. 9.6.71.

II GV

2. Early C18; Hall Place was pulled down in circa 1770. Red brick garden wall with plinth and weathered coping. Doorway at north end (No 19 curtilage) in curved, recessed entrance bay terminated by piers with stone caps and bases, and stone coping to wall; wood, architraved doorway flanked by brick piers surmounted by ball finials. Former main entrance (No 19 curtilage) flanked by stone gate piers with moulded caps; good wrought iron gate with side panels. Garden entrance at south end (Vicarage and No 29A curtilage) with segmental arched gateways with keystones

No 17, Garden Wall, piers and gate of former Hall Place, The Vicarage and Coach House in Vicarage Garden form a group.



Listing NGR: TL1851360208

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 18513 60208

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127960 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 03:32:11.

End of official listing