This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

61 AND 63, ABBEY STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 61 AND 63, ABBEY STREET

List entry Number: 1128046

Location

61 AND 63, ABBEY STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ickleton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Dec-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 53009

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4845 ICKLETON ABBEY STREET (South-east side) 22.11.67 21/197 Nos. 61 and 63 (formerly listed as Butcher's shop) GV II Farmhouse. Late C16 with early to mid C17 range to rear and C19 alterations. Timber-framed and plastered with flint and red brick dressings and painted brick casing. Red plain tiled and C20 plain tiled roofs. Two storeys; original three unit plan to main street range refronted in C19. Entrance with half glazed panelled door and reeded doorcase with corner bosses; three-light casement window to right hand and later inserted windows to left hand. Three large gabled dormer windows. C17 red brick ridge stack to left of centre with sawtooth brick cornice and two rebuilt diagonal shafts. Two similar rebuilt shafts to rear ridge stack. Lozenge-shaped pargetted panel dated 1684 with an enriched boarder on north-east wall similar to another on the same wall now destroyed. Interior: Sealed hearths, stop-chamfered ceiling beams; evidence in former butcher's shop for division of original service rooms to north-east of street range. RCHM Report 1949

Listing NGR: TL4906343554

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 49063 43554

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128046 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 01:00:53.

End of official listing