This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1128105



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Heydon

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Nov-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 52951

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TL 4239 HEYDON CHISHILL ROAD (South-East Side) 23/138 Heydon Place 18.11.83 GV II Rectory now a house. 1853 for Rev. the Hon Latimer Neville, later Sixth Earl of Braybrooke. Red brick with chequered burnt headers, limestone dressings. Slated low pitched hipped roofs. Four rectangular planned stacks. Two storeys and cellar, main block with rear service wing extended to north-west enclosing a service yard with single storeyed outbuildings. Deep boarded eaves with moulded brick cornice. Moulded limestone bands between floors and below ground floor windows. Three 'bay' garden facade with central 'bay' projecting as canted two storey bay window. Three 'bay' entrance facade to north-east, with central bay projecting; four-panelled door with side lights and three rectangular lights above. Gauged red brick arches to windows mainly recessed twelve-paned hung sashes, with side lights in garden elevation. Interior: Contemporary details with original plan largely intact, and some alterations to service rooms. Game room, and baking oven in bakehouse in situ. The house is said to have been designed find used as a shooting lodge. Fulton Roberts. History of Heydon, 1957 C.C.

Listing NGR: TL4322439928

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Roberts, G F, History of Heydon, (1957)

National Grid Reference: TL 43224 39928


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128105 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 01:07:52.

End of official listing