GARDEN VISTA BUILDING TO NORTH OF DUXFORD MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128123

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: GARDEN VISTA BUILDING TO NORTH OF DUXFORD MILL, MILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GARDEN VISTA BUILDING TO NORTH OF DUXFORD MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128123 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 12:04:56.

Location

Statutory Address: GARDEN VISTA BUILDING TO NORTH OF DUXFORD MILL, MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Duxford

National Grid Reference: TL 48340 46432

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4846 DUXFORD MILL LANE (East Side) 16/63 Garden vista building to north of Duxford Mill GV II Mausoleum. 1869 by Julia de Freville, originally sited in the park at Hinxton Hall, Cambridgeshire. Demolished and rebuilt as a garden vista building C.1960. Limestone and marble. Small neo classical temple with rectangular plan, free Corinthian capitals to columns find pilasters of open portico, deep moulded cornice and flat roof. Two-centred arched doorway, double doors with fretted metal panels, dated 1869, Interior: With marble floor, once contained the mahogany coffins of two members of the de Freville family with a large sculpture of two seated angels by H White, (now situated in the grounds of Duxford Mill). R.C.H.M. Hinxton Report, 1951

Listing NGR: TL4834046432

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52893

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing