CHURCH OF ST DENIS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1128153
Date first listed:
22-Nov-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST DENIS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST DENIS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128153 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 14:03:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST DENIS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cambridgeshire
District:
South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Hatley
National Grid Reference:
TL 28524 50513

Details

HATLEY EAST HATLEY TL 25SE (West side) 4/96 22.11.67 Church of St Denis

II*

Former parish church, now redundant. C13 nave and chancel mostly rebuilt 1874 by W Butterfield. Fieldstone with clunch and limestone dressings. Plan of nave and chancel with modern vestry and south porch. Nave, c.1300 with C19 gabled bell-cote at west end. North wall has three windows restored, including two lancets one with a cinquefoiled and the other with a trefoiled head. The third window is of two trefoil lights with a foiled head. North doorway in two centred arch of two chamfered orders. South doorway is mid C14 of two continuous wave moulded orders. The church is now covered in creeper and the above notes are taken from RCHM West Cambs mon (1) p145. Pevsner: Buildings of England p334

Listing NGR: TL2852450513

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
52759
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1954), 334
Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/13610/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Black. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].