This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1128157

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, 1, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Little Gransden

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Sep-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 52769

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE GRANSDEN CHURCH STREET TL 25NE (East side) 1/106 The Old Rectory (No. 1)

II

House, formerly rectory. Two main building periods C16 and c.1840. Altered 1926. C16 house brick with gabled roof. Single east-west range. Two storeys and attic. Extensions on both sides have meant that little of this house remains. The principal facade was probably on the north side with a cross-passage between the domestic and family part of the present house. In c.1840 a large addition was made on the south for family and guests. Brick, rendered. The roofs are of slate, gabled, and embattled in 1926. (see photo of early C20 in possession of owners). In c.1840 the principal facade was changed to the west side. Two storeys. Asymmetrical elevation in Tudor Gothic style with casements with margin-lights in square heads with dripmoulds. The gabled porch has a pointed outer arch. There is a loggia on the south side of the house. Inside: A hearth with a moulded bressumer including part of a rose remains as does a ceiling with stop chamfered main beam. Another main beam has wave and hollow moulding. A room within the C16 range has raised and fielded panelling, probably C18 with alterations of early C20. The c.1840 additions were enriched with elaborate plaster ceiling in c.1926.

RCHM: West Cambs mon (4)

Listing NGR: TL2711955211

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

National Grid Reference: TL 27119 55211

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128157 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 12:46:36.

End of official listing