This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BROOKFIELD COTTAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BROOKFIELD COTTAGE

List entry Number: 1128159

Location

BROOKFIELD COTTAGE, 12, MAIN ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Little Gransden

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Sep-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 52776

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE GRANSDEN MAIN ROAD TL 25SE (East side) 4/113 No 12 (Brookfield Cottage)

GV II

Two cottages, now one dwelling. Circa 1800, renovated. Timber framed rendered and thatched combed wheat reed roof. Red brick c.1800 ridge stack of two flues. When the cottage was recorded in 1950, there was a cement panel in the stack, incised with the initials TVW and the date 1853. One cottage to the road and the other on the east side, forming an L-plan. Two storeys. Two small modern casements to each storey. Doorway to front cottage at north end, now blocked. Present doorway now at the side. Inside: each cottage had a kitchen and scullery at ground floor. A cupboard staircase off the scullery led to two first floor rooms. Back-to-back hearths with segmental arched heads to small hearth openings. The bread ovens at the side have been removed. Framing exposed. Varied scantlings and vacant peg and bracing trenches indicate reuse of some timbers.

RCHM: West Cambs Mon (11)

Listing NGR: TL2735554581

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

National Grid Reference: TL 27355 54581

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128159 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 12:07:35.

End of official listing