BLYTHE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128186

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1967

Statutory Address: BLYTHE FARMHOUSE, 51, MILL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLYTHE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128186 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 03:10:32.

Location

Statutory Address: BLYTHE FARMHOUSE, 51, MILL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Gamlingay

National Grid Reference: TL 23761 52025

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GAMLINGAY MILL STREET TL 2352 (East side) 11/79 No 51 (Blythe 22.11.67 Farmhouse) GV II

House. Initials SM and date 1670 possibly reset in late render over front door. Timber frame, rendered and tiled roof. Red brick ridge stack of four diagonally set linked shafts in line on rectangular base. T-plan with lean-to, probably later, in the angle. Two storeys and attic. Two, two-storey canted bays on either side of baffle entry doorway. Early C19 flush panelled door. Kitchen wing, also framed, rendered and tiled. Single storey. Later gabled stair turret and flanking lean-to to domestic addition. Inglenook hearths now blocked. In 1664 the house was owned by Stephen Apthorpe. It is possible that one initial is missing or has been removed.

RCHM: West Cambs mon (34) C Brown: Mss Notes (1985)

Listing NGR: TL2376152025

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52742

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

End of official listing