This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SOUTH FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SOUTH FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1128251

Location

SOUTH FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Shingay cum Wendy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Sep-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 52594

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 34 NW SHINGAY-CUM-WENDY SHINGAY

2/188 South Farmhouse

GV II

House formerly a farmhouse. Late C17 with c.1800 alterations and extension, C20 renovation and part rebuilding. Timber-framed and rendered. Hipped slated roofs. Two ridge stacks of local an red brick, and gault brick end stack. Gault brick plinth. Two storeys and attic. L-plan. Original late C17 building, altered with roof raised on main elevations c,1800 divided as labourer's cottages in late C19; recently extended by two 'bays' to south-east replacing C19 brewhouse. North-east elevation; six-panelled door and plain Doric doorcase, four flush-framed sixteen-paned hung sash windows and five similar but larger first floor windows. Interior : Exposed timber-frauie and floor frames with chamfered beams. Three open hearths one with pair of niches with shaped heads. C19 and C20 details.

VCH Vol VIII p.126

Listing NGR: TL3077346224

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1982), 126

National Grid Reference: TL 30773 46224

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128251 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 02:29:15.

End of official listing