Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128324

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1985



Ordnance survey map of CORNER COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128324 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 12:54:31.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Shepreth

National Grid Reference: TL 39299 47954


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


SHEPRETH FOWLMERE ROAD TL 3947 21/310 No. 2 (Corner Cottage) GV II

Cottage, sub-divided in early C19, and now a single dwelling. Early-mid C18, extended. Clay bat on flint plinth, with plaster rendered walls and long straw thatch roof, hipped. Ridge stack of clay bat except for upper which are grey brick. Original cottage of two bays, extended to north west and south east. Two storeys. Three original wood frame casements with leaded lights and original casement fastenings at first floor. Two at ground floor and two boarded doors. The enlargements are of late C18 or early C19. Clay bat, plaster rendered and thatched. Inside: The flint plinth of the original yable end wall to the north west is visible between the two ground floor rooms. There are abutting small fireplaces of clay bat now partly sealed, but the size would suggest a later reconstruction. There is an original framed partition wall associated with the staircase at the side of the stack. It seems that the cottage originated as one dwelling, was converted in early C19 to two, and is now one. The small abutting hearths and the doors would suggest a c.1800 date. The roof structure which is uniform in scantling, and the evidence of the 1764 Estate Map points to the early-mid C18 date.

1764 Estate Map: C.R.O. R.C.H.M: Record Card (1949)

Listing NGR: TL3929947954


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52362

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing