This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

28, CHURCH ROAD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 28, CHURCH ROAD

List entry Number: 1128357

Location

28, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Warboys

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 24-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Nov-1982

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 54195

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WARBOYS CHURCH ROAD 1. 5140 (west side) No 28 (formerly listed as Manor House) TL 37 NW 4/5 24.10.51 II* GV 2. Early C17 house. L-plan. Narrow red brick. Plain tiled roof of two parallel linked ranges with shaped gable ends. Saw-tooth eaves cornice to sides. Two projecting chimney stacks to north. One with two and the other with three diagonally set detached shafts. Band course above first-floor and between first and ground-floors. Two later hung sashes with glazing bars in moulded architraves at first-floor. Two similar windows at ground floor. Central doorway. Early C19 doorcase of pilasters with simplified Doric frieze and shaped cornice. Panelled door. Rectangular fanlight with glazing bars. Original semi-circular headed staircase window in north wall. Leaded lights and moulded mullion. Sundial to south wall. Interior has early C17 staircase of three flights and landing. Closed-string with turned balusters, moulded rail, square section newel posts with carved finials. Adjoining C17 kitchen to north-east. Red brick. Plain tiled with dentil cornice. Two-storeys. C17 red brick curtilage wall to south-east with saw-tooth brackets to coping. (RCHM Huntingdonshire p 284).

Listing NGR: TL3023079891

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926), 284

National Grid Reference: TL 30230 79891

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128357 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 02:15:11.

End of official listing