CLOCKTOWER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128359

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1982

Statutory Address: CLOCKTOWER, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLOCKTOWER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128359 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 19:26:01.

Location

Statutory Address: CLOCKTOWER, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Warboys

National Grid Reference: TL 30364 80084

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WARBOYS HIGH STREET 1. 5140 (south side) Clocktower TL 38 SW 2/11 II GV 2. Built 1887 to commemorate Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. Gothic revival style. Red brick and Warboys white brick, with stone dressings. Three stages with pyramidal roof of Welsh slates. Open sided ground stage with diagonal buttressing at corners. Clock stage of stone ashlar. Dial with Roman numerals. (N Pevsner p 362).

Listing NGR: TL3036480084

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 54197

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Bedfordshire, Huntingdon and Peterborough, (1968), 362

End of official listing